A CSU Quality Assurance Certified course provides assurance that the fully online or blended course has been developed and delivered with all components necessary to enable students to be successful in meeting their educational goals. Below you will find information on the formal course certification process, the CSU certified peer reviewers tasked with reviewing the course, and the list of CSU certified courses.
Certification and Review Process
The CSU Chancellor’s Office, Academic Technology Services has established a process for “Formal Course Review Certifications” of fully online and blended courses across the 23-campus system. Course certifications are conducted using the CSU Quality Learning & Teaching (QLT) Instrument or the Quality Matters (QM) Rubric.
- CSU Certified Courses – list of formally certified CSU fully online and blended courses
- Course Review Certification Process – learn about/start the 4-stage formal CSU course review certification process
- Course Review Application – apply for a formal CSU course certification review (can only be submitted by a campus Quality Assurance Administrator/QA Faculty Lead); interested faculty/lecturers should express their interest with their campus Quality Assurance Administrator and/or Faculty Lead
Utilizing a team approach, three certified CSU reviewers analyze the fully online or blended course from the student perspective, apply the instrument (QLT or QM) to the course, and provide feedback for course improvement.
- Become a Certified Course Peer Reviewer – learn how to become a CSU certified course peer reviewer (Lists the steps for QLT & QM reviewer eligibility)
- QLT Peer Reviewer Application – apply to become a certified CSU QLT course peer reviewer
- QM Certified Peer Reviewer- completion of the QM peer reviewer certification (PRC) course
- CSU Certified Reviewers – list of certified CSU online course peer reviewers
Informal Course Reviews
Before applying for a CSU formal course review certification, faculty are encouraged to perform an informal course review using either CSU QLT or QM.
- CSU QLT informal course review: QLT self-review across 24 Core objectives and/or informal QLT self-review across 57 objectives (once completed a pdf copy of the review will be sent via email).
- CSU QM informal course review: QM Self Review Tutorial Video (4:31)- Watch the tutorial to learn the steps to start a QM self review in the QM potral.