Formal Course Review STEps
- Campus QA Lead works to solicit and identify faculty who meet the criteria for submitting a course for formal recognition and obtain their commitment to participate.
- QA Campus Lead completes the CSU Course Review Application.
- Instructor completes the CSU QOLT “Self-Review” or for Quality Matters “Instructor Course Worksheet (QM)” (provides background information about the course).
- A team of 3 reviewers is selected from the CSU Peer Reviewers Database.
- The course review team conducts the formal course review (across 4-6 weeks).
- The course review team chair submits the final report which is shared with the QA Coordinator and instructor.
- If the course reviewed does not meet CSU QOLT or QM criteria for recognition, revisions are made to the course.
- The course review team chair reviews the changes and communicates with the QM Coordinator and instructor.
See a detailed graphic of the CSU Course Review stages.
CSU Peer Reviewers
The Chancellor’s Office Quality Assurance Team will maintain a list of certified course reviewers who meet CSU QOLT and/or QM criteria to serve on formal course reviews.
Questions and Support